Another common question I get after I speak at conferences or trainings etc., is, “What do I say to someone who appears to be having a mental health struggle?” That's what we'll dig into today!
Here's a quick summary
• How to approach someone in mental distress.
• Mental health struggles and fear of offering unsolicited advice.
• Simple ways to help someone in distress.
• Asking supportive questions to help others:"Are you okay?" and following up with "How are you really?"
• Mental health support and asking for help.
Questions to ask:
Are you ok?
Would you like to talk?
Can I help?
Is there someone I can get for you?
You don't seem like yourself - is something going on?
Thanks for joining!
I hope you found this helpful! It may not be simple to help someone who is struggling, but the process really is simple. Just notice. Care. Ask. Understand. Listen. And be a bridge.
So get out there, change the world, and take good care of yourself!
Love & Hugs!