Show Notes CYH Episode 29: Sometimes I DO “sweat the small stuff”!
Welcome friends to Consider Yourself Hugged episode 29! Today’s Hug: Sometimes I DO “sweat the small stuff”! (click here to listen).
I’m Dr. Tami West, here every week to bring you tips on living a life that brings you mental and emotional wellbeing.
Last week I got to spend the whole week training teachers in Cypress Fairbanks in Houston. The teachers were fabulous, and so many great things came out of that week. But let me tell you how it started.
1. Flight got delayed (I was actually happy about that!)
2. Landed early, but sat on plane for 45 minutes. It’s fine still.
3. Took about 40 minutes to get luggage. It’s ok. All good.
4. Rental car shuttle took a while. Well, sometimes this happens.
5. 30-40 min to get luggage. Ugh.
6. I have a Dollar account, so you’re not supposed to have to stand in line – you know, grab your car and go. Smiling but starting to simmer.
7. Woman said grab "2nd red car," which wasn't clear. Had to drag luggabe back. Huffy.
8. Drove to check out. “Oh sorry this car isn’t eligible for rental.” You’re kidding right!
I called hub and cried. I mean like “AAAhh my day has sucked!!
Here’s the thing: I WANT to be that person who let’s everything roll off their back. I do. But genetically and environmentally I’m not. I try!!! I’m better FOR SURE than I was even 10 years ago. But I have to work at it.
So, I want to encourage you all to be in touch with your thoughts – THAT’S what made the biggest difference that day. I didn’t realize what I was thinking while I was trying to be positive. For example:
· Time is ticking away
· I still have tons to do for tomorrow
· Why is travel so hard
Instead of bringing those to the forefront, I let them seethe. I talk a lot about being a master thinker. ( Click here to download the article)
(Click here to continue the story)
And that’s our time for today. I hope your learned something today that will help you to sweat the small stuff less – or at least deal with it better! Please pass the show link along to a friend or two. And look around here on the website to get info if you’d like me to speak at your next event. The monthly giveaway will come from leaving a comment on the blog there so be sure to do that. It’s still a CYH mug, which I know you’ll love. July’s winner is Karen McCoy, so thank you Karen I will be in touch!! And thank you for listening – our community is growing!
Finally, remembering our mental & emotional wellbeing goal, I hope that you will renew your thoughts daily, adopt empowering language that prevents verbal harm to yourself and others, and make positive mental and emotional choices on a daily basis.
And until next time, Consider Yourself Hugged 😘🤗