Lead Like a Woman: Grace and salt conversations with Melissa McCormick
Welcome back to Consider Yourself Hugged! Click here to listen to Episode 123. OR click YouTube below to watch! (***Disclaimer: I provide these notes as a skeleton for the show - nothing fancy 😄)
Today, Melissa McCormick will teach women how to have conversations that are both relational and also purposeful! She is our first guest for this season, and what a great one!
Melissa spent over thirty years navigating corporate America from entry-level to executive. She learned how to communicate and negotiate up and around the organization. Through her leadership experience she helps women crash through the glass ceiling to reach their professional goals faster. Her leadership philosophy includes five pillars: Courage, Communication, Connections, Community, and Care (self) and is based on building relationships built on trust, integrity, and ethics. She is the founder and CEO of the Grace & Salt Leadership Academy which is based on her leadership book, Grace & Salt: A Journey of Self-Discovery. To learn more and schedule a FREE discovery call, go to www.graceandsaltleadership.com and to learn more about her book, Grace & Salt go to www.graceandsaltbook.com.
Tips for women:
1. Remind yourself that you have the grace AND the salt! Be a direct communicator with love.
2. Beware of the double bind: women are viewed as nice or competent but rarely both.
3. You may have to be more intentional about incorporating the grace and the salt.
Lead Like a Woman means:
1. Take your innate superpower ability to be nurturing and listening to understand.
2. Read the room.
3. Pay attention to body language.
4. Ask questions to help someone who's not speaking up – lead and draw them into the conversation.
5. Pay attention to masculine and feminine communication traits. It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s men vs women.
6. Be sure your glass ceiling isn’t self-imposed, e.g. not speaking up, not asking for promotion
7. Celebrate every time you do something to find your voice, e.g. speaking up!
Themes that Might be Tough for Women:
2. Women often negotiate for others better than for ourselves.
3. Speaking up in meetings
Connect with Melissa and access her resources:
Contact information: to learn more & schedule a FREE discovery call, to www.graceandsaltleadership.com or to learn more about Grace & Salt book www.graceandsaltbook.com
Join the Grace & Salt Family
If you join the Family, you’ll receive a free chapter from the book. Because you listened to
this podcast, go to this link and download the freebies: https://academy.graceandsaltbook.com/grace-salt
DM Melissa on Instagram @graceandsaltbook and she'll send the scripts and impact
words for things like:
Ask for that thing:
How do I email
How do I voicemail
How do I talk to my boss in person
Faith-based Career Coach | Author |Speaker
Grace & Salt Leadership Academy, founder
P.S. Check out my new book, Grace & Salt. It’s a faith-based leadership book outlining 12 lessons to transform you and your team into better leaders. It’s jam-packed with self-discovery activities that guide you to the start a personal and organizational transformation. Click here to learn more.
BBB Torch Award Winner: https://youtu.be/Dh4agonJkPs
website: www.melissa-mccormick.com and www.graceandsaltbook.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnl55KwhGp3NKfJ02moS73A
Thanks for joining today! As I’ve always asked in the past, please pass the show link along to your friends and subscribe, download, and review wherever you are listening. If you’re a woman and you haven’t joined our private FB group A Place for Women, please do that now! It’ll be your source of encouragement. You can also follow my public page, Tami West Seminars.
And until next time, Consider Yourself Hugged 😘🤗